Monday, December 19, 2011

Sick Days

This past week, all four of us got sick:

Ben started vomiting early Wednesday - this was the third time for him in four weeks.

Anna and I both got hit - HARD - Thursday night. Ben stayed up 'til after midnight, when Mark got home from work, to take care of us. I think Anna actually slept in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet, head over a bucket, wrapped in a blanket... (I wish I'd gotten a picture.)

I spend most of 14 hours "puking my guts out", as the saying goes. It was hard and strong - I even once spewed stomach acid out my nose. It burned like you would not believe!

Mark took care of Anna and I, did what he could to make the paper route happen, keep Ben fed... Well, on Saturday morning he was getting ready to go in to work to do some catching up from what he missed staying home Friday - started feeling "funny"... By 9 a.m., he too was catching stuff in a bucket. He then slept most of the next 24 hours.

Obviously, we only did what we absolutely had to: eat (those who could), do dishes, some laundry - schoolwork DID NOT HAPPEN. So today is Catch-Up Day, or at least Make-A-Gameplan Day.

Lulu, our kitten, doesn't seem to agree - she's decided to camp out on Ben's clipboard, where his week's worth of assignments, done and undone, are listed, checked off (or not), etc. Ben doesn't mind. :)


No comments: